Skip to main content

I had stuff stolen from me, what kind of lawyer should I pursue to get this case moving along? (It's been 5-6 months)

Hiram, OH |

I filed a police report in November, was told that I should investigate to find my stuff, found most, filed another report because they know who did it (I suspect he wasn't alone) just heard from Police in March/April, was told to wait for letter in mail in regards to court date. (Checked county website, they show no charges for the suspect, still).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can contact a local civil litigation (or personal injury) attorney to pursue civil action against the individual(s) you believe stole your property. As for criminal action, you can try contacting the local district attorney's office, although there's a great likelihood it will not get you anywhere.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.


Sue for conversion if your evidence is strong.