I had put the wrong class of admission on I-130 petition for my wife and my 2 yr old son. How do I correct it?

Dallas, TX |

I am an LPR and waiting for decision on N400

Write to the USCIS. Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank you, I ll

Christian Armando Mendoza Calix

Christian Armando Mendoza Calix

I am just happy to agree with Carl Shusterman's diagnosis. He's the most renowned immigration attorney in the entire country!

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Thanks, Christian!

Send a letter to USCIS asking them to amend the incorrect part. Look for the I-130 receipt and send it to the USCIS address on there.

Thank you for the help. I got the receipt already. Would that help if I call them?

Alejandro E. Garcia

Alejandro E. Garcia

Probably not going to help.