I had got hurt at work, and I was wondering about something? Pre-Hurt: My co-worker and I was taking a long, heavy dresser

Steele, AL |

down steep stairs. He was a little above me, so I had to do what he said. But on this one I said man lets put a furniture pad on the stairs and slide it down. Somebody could get hurt. I was bigger alot bigger than him, so I was concerned for him. He said na lets just tote it down like this its quicker. So we did and half way down we both heard a loud pop. My back shattered into pieces.

Is this personal Injury as well as WC? Ty

Best Answer

If you got hurt while performing your job duties, then you would have a workers' compensation claim and may receive compensation and medical benefits. If a third party caused injury to you, you may also have a claim against the third party. Contact an experienced attorney that handles personal injury AND workers' compensation claims to investigate your claim and ensure you receive all benefits allowed by law.

No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Rule 7.2, Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct.

Straight Workers' Compensation.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

Strait WC? I thought PI was if a co-worker forced, lets say had too. do something and I got hurt because of his negligence of my smart way of thinking. And would have saved my back.

Also, got back to the store hurting, told my manager and co-worker told him that he should have listened to me too. Manager said"So what do u want me to do about this"? WC maybe? He said "U aren't hurt.Just because I'm strong and more tolerant to pain than others. Well nothing happened. Should have got an attorney, but I had my mind on certain other hurtful things. This because of my co-worker made me have 2 major back surgeries, future can't do a whole lot like I use too. But I try:) Right when I filed suit against WC, my job fired me. Now I know that's illegal. and now won't hire me back. So 2 counts discrimination right?

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Straight WC. You are wrong. The furniture pad would have driven you and the dresser into the floor/wall 15 seconds later anyway. You just traded one injury for another.

Sorry for posting alot makes me feel better talking to u guys and gals. I was on disability for mental reasons but didn't interfere in any way. My lawyer when I met him 500,000 he said to lure me in I guess. Well it did, and I payed for it. I don't know hoew long I had to keep talking to this lawyer or better yet listen to him. He would not hardly let u speak. When I was filing some kind of paperwork in his office, I didn't understand nor can I read to well. I was taking my time, but still was hard. All of a sudden 3 min for like 3 papers full, my lawyer said u don't need to look any more it's all legit. My secretary can vouch for me. He would have all this spiritual stuff hanging around which wasn't bad considering in who's company it was, God! Also, heads of animals he shot. something wasn't right seemed to me, but heck I don't even trust my own judgement. lol My problem is this in a nutshell: 1. Can't comprehend 2. Can't read well. I don't understand things or subjects well at all, when people are raising their voice so loud. His voice was so loud, He wasn' t hollering but wow. My wife was with me most of the time. But he wouldn't let her inter-vein in these matters unless he need my wife to go get paperwork signed or pickup agreements forms, ex-rays stuff like that. At mediation I think that what it was. Where their lawyer and me and mine get together to mutually agree on settlement I think? but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, during the whole session, my lawyer would go into the other lawyers office and slammed the door shut and laughed the whole time. The Mediator found that quite odd. Cause he knows my lawyer from previous cases I guess. My lawyer finally came out and said to the other lawyer I'm going to affer a settlement. My lawyer offer? Oh my word! DO u want to know what he offered 1st 4,000$. I know right. Well that ended, and a while later settlement came. I asked my lawyer for permission to have a guardian by my side. So that I can understand better, and know what I'm signing and doing. But he said "NO ABSOLUTELY NO"! This time he screamed and it was towards my wife cause she was going to be itmor my mom, dad, vocational worker. So I went in this room with a judge I know of, and 5 more people I think. I was scared and confused. every1 was talking among-st themselves like I wasn't nothing. I had to quickly sign lots of papers there too. They pressured me. Especially my lawyer. After that was done me, him, and the other lawyer went outside to a car. They put some papers on the trunk of a nasty car. My lawyer started the conversation about settlement. I in my mind knew it was at least 300k or 250k for what I've been through, but the other lawyer said 25k? I automatically said "NO" then my lawyer would lean overto me thats the best u going to get now, so take it. "NO like ten timesround and round we went till my attorney surprised me with words from a different world seemed like and out of the blue I said" OK,OK I'll sign the ...... papers. While I was reading even then my attorney said that's nothing to read just sigh it come on lets go. Come to findout I signed everything away :( I'm trying to figure what to do? Get an attorney and appeal to re-open WC case. or Sue for misrepresentation. I know I have the descrimination down. Wish me luck, and please any1 of u lawyers knows whatI can do u can reply here or e-mail Id, appreciate this:) Ty

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

If this accident and injury occurred while you were working on the job for an employer subject to the Alabama wc laws, then you should seek advice of an experienced lawyer.

Alabama State Bar, Rules of Professional conduct, Rule 7.2 (e), requires the following language in all attorney communications: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.