Skip to main content

I had an alcohol addiction and the doctor gave me medicine for the withdrawals. I have been sober, but the hospital called CPS.

Round Rock, TX |

I was trying to quit but my withdrawals were interfering. Once I got medicine for those, I was doing great! Some nurse at the hospital called CPS because I have a 2 year old, and now he has to stay with my parents and I only get supervised visits. I am sober now, and the only issue is my prior alcohol addiction and potential for relapse. Can I fight this? I'm sober, he is not abused or neglected, has a nice home to live in and a nice environment. Can they really interfere like this? I want to fight this charge. I will let them search my house top to bottom and take blood or urine samples if needed. I am horrified that because I tried to get clean (and succeeded) that they decide to take my son from me. By they I mean CPS, not my parents. Thank God for my parents.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I do not see that there is any "charge" to fight. Apparently, you have not been sued civilly, nor have you been arrested or charged with any criminal offense. It appears to me that the only legal issue here is who should have custody of your son. This serious, high-stakes legal matter cannot be resolved on this or any other website. If you are serious about regaining custody, you will simply have to hire a lawyer. You cannot learn how to accomplish this on the internet. Lawyers study and work for years to learn how to do it.

I suggest you consult a Round Rock lawyer who is certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

Good luck to you and your son.