Skip to main content

I had an accident last week with my 2009 Audi 3 . 2 4 due to unintended acceleration

Worcester, MA |

While i was parking the car it suddenly accelerated and hit curb badly resulting in front bumper damage and air conditioner . I have already complained it to the Audi USA on the issue and wanted to find if i can handle it in a better with attorney

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You should certainly consult an attorney and check to see if there are any recalls on your car!

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


I agree with my colleague. You should certainly consult a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to assist you through this process and of course, consult a physician if you have been injured. Best of luck.

The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.


If you sustained injuries in the accident, you should consult an attorney who has experience in auto related product liability litigation. You need to have the vehicle evaluated to determine what caused the acceleration, so if you are pursuing a claim for injury, don't have the vehicle repaired or changed in any way. On the other hand, if this is a property damage only accident, you may want to proceed with finding out if the problem can be repaired and let the insurance companies handle the rest.

Good luck.


Depending upon the amount of damages, a lawyer may not be cost effective. I would check google for any recall on this vehicle. I would also check with the dealership.


You should contact a personal injury lawyer who also practices in defective products. you may have a claim against Audi, but these cases are difficult to prove and require expert testimony as to the causation of the accident. If you have substantial injuries that would substantiate such a claim. Nevertheless, would seek help from an attorney in your area to see if you have a claim.


Best bet is to call one of the attorneys in your state who answered above to discuss a possible claim.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer