Skip to main content

I had a vehicle accident and no current insurance. What am I looking forward to from here on out?

Duluth, MN |

I thought my insurance was up to date, but found out it had been cancelled a week or so prior. I was issued an inattentive driver citation. What am I looking at happening to me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Insurance companies are required to send a fairly conspicuous and clear notice of termination when coverage is terminated so it is hard to understand how it was found out after the fact that it was cancelled. Have an attorney review whether the regulations were followed correctly and whether there's any liability on the other driver's part.

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Consult an attorney to make sure you were properly noticed of the termination of coverage.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


I agree that you should consult with an attorney. There are strict requirements for providing notice of cancellation.


You should retain a local traffic court lawyer to fight the citation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer