Skip to main content

I had a vaginal delivery in Aug 3012. the doctor pulled and scraped my placenta which led to a hysterectomy. what should I do?

North Las Vegas, NV |

I had two births before this and doctors never scraped or yanked placenta.
I asked him to stop. Worst pain I ever felt. Epidural was not properly placed in back and all of the fluid went on bed. which was painful but probably good, because the doctor might of killed me since him scraping cause so much blood . The pain let me know that things were not right. the doctor stated that the hospital checks all organs that are removed and the placenta was normal. I constantly feel abdominal pain.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

In Nevada you only have one year from discovery of your injury to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Also, Nevada medical malpractice cases require an expert in the same practice area to write you an affidavit that they believe it was malpractice, which costs a lot of money and several weeks to several months of preparation time.

So if you are interested in pursuing a claim you need to act quickly, because any attorney you hire will have to hire medical experts, likely an obstetrician in your case, to be an expert witness. We handle these cases and have an experienced nurse who quickly does an initial review for us. If you are interested in proceeding for a case evaluation, you would need to order up your medical records from the hospital and ob/gyn for the delivery and follow up appointments, and bring them to the office as soon as possible for a review.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.


Get medical help if you are in pain and get that checked out. consult a medical malpractice lawyer and see if you have a case. Sounds horrible. I am so sorry you are going through this.


Hard to say if you were the victim of malpractice. You should contact and consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab.


The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer