Skip to main content

I had a one- night- stand for a long time. I don't know why he came inside me last time. I had to take Emergency Contraceptive.

Fort Worth, TX |

The Morning After Pills have strong effects, especally for elder women. It hurt my health badly, deforming my body, disturbing my period, it comes twice a month now... a lot of side effects which I don't want to mention here.

Can I ask him to compensate me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should see a doctor immediately and get checked, also in regards to the medical malpractice you should consult with a local attorney in your area. Use the Avvo search bar for referrals.

(206) 335-3880. We retain experts and begin contingency fees at 29%. However, communication through Avvo does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.


Given your side effects any claim would have to be made against the drug manufacturer and/or the prescribing doctor. You should consult with a local personal injury attorney ASAP to find out what your legal options are.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


A defective drug lawyer should be consulted.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Well the first question any attorney would need to know is when did the one night stand occur, because it may have occurred so long ago that even if a creative lawyer could find a theory to pursue, the statute of limitations may have passed.

Assuming that it happened recently, it would be nearly impossible to medically link your health issues to either the morning after pill or the unprotected sex. If you could, you could sue the drug company.

I also don't think you'd get past the argument that a man having an orgasm during unprotected sex is 1) pretty much a sure thing and 2) a known risk assumed by the other party.

I don't see this as a case. Sorry.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer