Skip to main content

I had a home relaxer put in and it fried my hair only had it in for 7 minutes it turned my hair into rubber, can you help?

Xenia, OH |

I had real long hair, my hair came out in clumps it stripped my natural hair color, I had to get all of my hair cut off up to my ears, I have used relaxers before and never had this happen. I have been so humiliated and disgusted by this that it has totally stressed me out to where I dont want to leave my house, The lady at great clips who cut my hair said she`d vouch for the condition of my hair and she said she would help me in anyway possible. Now I was supposed to leave the relaxer in my hair for 10 to 15 minutes. Is there any kind of law suite that can be done?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Save the packaging and whatever product you have left over as well as the receipt. If you can, go out and buy 2 of the exact product you used and do not open them. Next, contact local personal injury attorney ASAP so that pictures can be taken.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Any product that is placed in the stream of commerce and is either defectively manufactured (not the correct chemical composition) or defectively designed (not safe for intended use) can be labeled a defective product in Ohio. In these types of cases, particularly hair-related products, it can be very hard to prove that you followed the directions carefully and that it was not user-error. A lawyer experienced in product defects can figure out whether similar failures and injuries have occurred, whether others have complained, and may even be able to have the product tested if you kept what was left of it. The best thing to do is to find a lawyer who focuses in this type of work and ask for a telephone consultation to see if your case might be compensable.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer