I had a guy try to fix my car and he didnt fix it but instead took parts off it and has had it about a year now what can i do

Prosser, WA |

he came over and towed it to his house this is not a shop

Filed under: Car repairs

Definitely need more information - Is this a reputable shop or just a friend working from his own garage? Do you have a written work order? What did he agree to do and what did you agree to pay? What were the terms of the agreement? Generally, if it's been a year and the work has not been completed, then I would take the car and parts to another shop and have them complete the work. Then, you may have a claim against the "guy" for the difference between the cost to complete the work and what was agreed to originally.

Sincerely,

Arthur D. Leritz

Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Leritz is licensed to practice law in the State of Washington. The response herein does not constitute legal advice nor does it seek to establish an attorney/client relationship, but rather offers educational insight only. Please feel free to visit Mr. Leritz's website for additional information: www.adlergiersch.com