Skip to main content

I had a B1/B2 visa that is cancelled now along with my Waiver visa. Last month I tried to enter the US but since I have spent so

Tampa, FL |

much time in the US (I've been in & out of the country, in for 6 months, and out for one,and back for 6 more) they retained me and found out after long time of questioning me, that I have worked in the US. I now have a 5 year ban. But my fiancee is in the US. We were going to move in together this month, and want to be back together. What should we do? No one really knows in this case what are steps to take. please, we are desperate to be together and much in love.
Thanks for your time :)

I never over passed the time allowed in the US. Always left before the date of the stamp in my passport. And yes, my fiancee is a U.S. citizen.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will have to speak with and retain an immigration attorney to see if there is a waiver for your particular situation.


You probably will be have to apply for two waivers after you are married (assuming that your fiancee is a U.S. citizen). One to overcome your summary removal from the U.S. and the other to overcome your years of unlawful presence in the U.S.


Making a few assumptions, it appears that you were expeditiously removed from the U.S. In this case, it seems you were engaged in what's referred to as the "revolving door" by trying to use a visitor's visa to remain in the United States indefinitely and working without authorization. You were thus found inadmissible as an intending immigrant attempting to enter to the U.S. without proper documentation. The result is an order of expedited removal without a hearing before an immigration judge and your immediate return to your county of origin. In cases such as this, the expedited removal order results in a 5 year finding of inadmissibility.

Additionally, because you attempted to convince the inspector that you were a bona fide visitor when you were in fact working, you were most likely found inadmissible for attempting to enter the U.S by fraud. This carries a permanent finding of inadmissibility.

Assuming your fiancée is a U.S. citizen, both of these grounds of inadmissibility can be waived. However, the case is complicated and you should consult with and retain a qualified and experienced immigration attorney to review the specific facts of your case and advise you accordingly.