Skip to main content

I got the deferred action working permit can I buy a house?

Charlotte, NC |

Me and my boyfriend got the same permit and we really want to buy a house but we don't know if we can

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4



The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


You can. Although, I am not too sure about being able to get a mortgage since banks ask for immigration status. You may want to check with a mortgage broker. You do have DACA granted and an EAD, hopefully that would be enough.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.


Yes, you can buy a house, since you can now get a social security number (which I think is a prerequisite).


Yes, absolutely you can, hopefully you'll also be able to qualify for a mortgage, but that's where you might get stuck. Don't give up and keep on trying!

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.