Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

I got ripped off by my divorce lawyer and don't know what to do?

She charged me $9,000 when all that was involved was the division of property. The day before the divorce which took 2 years she told me if we went to court with a contested divorce I would not do well and could lose my home. So we settled it in her office the day before court. I received no alimony and have basically nothing to live on. My ex has a business and is doing just fine. After 20 years of marriage I expected to be able to at least pay my bills which I cannot do.. I have a serious medical condition which prevents me from working. I do not understand why I did not get some sort of alimony since he paid it up til the time of the divorce. He committed adultery, forgery, and perjury. I told nothing but the truth and get ripped off. What do I do? I am totally depressed about this whole matter and it is affecting my health. Please help me..

| 4 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content

28731EB2-58E3-4EAD-9AF7-03A80A94D0EF