Skip to main content

I got pulled over yesterday in the City of Yorba Linda, Orange County for driving my old Honda Accord on an expired registration

Bellflower, CA |

My problem is the car is not worth the money I have to pay to register the car. I am considering junking it. What are the options open for me since the car its only worth 500 and the registration is gonna cost me more than that. What can I tell the Judge when I do go to court since I have been cited to appear before one. The cops removed the fake plates I had at the back do they have a right to do that? If not can I take them on on that?

+ Read More

Filed under: Traffic stops
Attorney answers 3


You can junk the car and and show proof. No one is going to make you register a car you don't own or possess any more. A judge would likely dismiss that count . . .

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


Many car owners are in your position . You must get registration or junk the car.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


Man Up, junk the car, You said it yourself what the answer is.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practicein Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.