Skip to main content

I got married in Dec. 2012 and is now filing immigration forms for my wife. Is there a deadline to file all my forms?

Honolulu, HI |

Is there a required time from the time we got married to file the forms?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Now you can file once you get married.

Disclaimer: Salvatore A. Falletta - 201 438-5625: This answer found here is general in nature. No attorney/client relationship is formed from this response.


This quesiton is impossible to answer simply because the answer depends on the facts not in your description starting with whether you are a USC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


No. She may run the risk of being taken into custody Where she is in United States without status or overstayed her I-94.

I agree with what Mr. Hoffman wrote in that some applicants must complete the process outside the U. S. waivers outside the country unless they qualify to adjust status within the United States. As a result, more information is needed.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before the matter gets more complicated. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.