Skip to main content

I got married and want my wife to get her green card

Moreno Valley, CA |

hi aim a us citizen and i married my wife but she enters the country with a student visa about 20 years ago we been together 10 years and now we got married but i want her to get a green card but she doesn't have no proof that she entered legally in the US what can i do to proof or where can i go to get a copy is more than 20 years .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can file for a replacement I94

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


Hire an immigration attorney in California and soon.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


My colleague is correct ...hire an attorney and replace the I-94.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


It is a one-step petition where all the paperwork for missing I-94, relative petition and adjustment is filed simultaneously. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to assist you with the process.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer