Skip to main content

I got light rail ticket for not paying fare ,ticket number is not in system

Jersey City, NJ |

I got light rail ticket for not paying fare , when I called the contact number after 15 day, told this ticket number is not in the system, what should I do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Call again in a few days. The ticket will eventually show up in the system. In the meantime, create a log indicating that you called on Day X at X:XX and were told by YYY the ticket wasn't in the system. When you call again, log that as well - date, time, who you spoke to, the result of the call. Keep this up until the system has your ticket, or your court date arrives (whichever is sooner). The court date should be on the back of the ticket; if not, call the Jersey City municipal court clerk and ask for assistance.

The foregoing is not legal advice, and nothing in the foregoing shall be deemed to create an attorney client relationship. If you feel you need to speak with an attorney regarding your issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney with expertise in your area of inquiry. The information related above is purely for informational purposes, and should not be acted upon without speaking with qualified counsel familiar with you specific situation and the laws related thereto.


I agree with the previous attorney's post. The ticket will eventually show up in the system. Further, you will at some point receive a court date.

Please note that by attempting to answer your question, I am not acting as your attorney. I will do nothing further to protect or preserve your interests in the absence of any additional discussion with you about this matter. Jeffrey E. Grabelle, Esq. Starr, Gern, Davison & Rubin, P.C. 105 Eisenhower Parkway Roseland, NJ 07068 Office: (973) 403-9200; Fax: (973) 226-0031 Email:


Give us a call for a great NJ ticket lawyer that can represent you!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer