Skip to main content

I got into a car accident, it was the other drivers fault 100‰..A yr in a half later and many tests I asked my lawyer to start

Baraboo, WI |

To settle. This was 6 months ago. I keep getting the run around with made up exscuses. Example..The hosp wouldnt release my medical reports. I said fine,I will go get them...then all of a sudden the hosp returned the lawyers calls....I think im not getting a lot of money outta this so their dragging i right? Thanks for any advice you can give!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Since your lawyer doesn't get paid until you do, and is spending his or her own money to cover the costs associated with your case, which he or she will also not get back until the case settles, it is unlikely that they are purposefully "dragging feet" on your case. Just because you want your money now doesn't mean the insurance company will suddenly see the light and pay a fair settlement. In fact, if you signal your over-eagerness to them, they may well seek to exploit your impatience, dig in their heels, and low ball you.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Jay K. Nixon

Jay K. Nixon


Well said by Attorney Witt. Your lawyer is that last one who would want to delay things. Settlement requires the insurance company to agree with your demand and the only way to force the issue is to commence suit. However, doing that prematurely is a waste of money (ultimately, your money) and will itself cause even more delay due to routine court calendar limitations.


Give your attorney the benefit of the doubt in that you initially selected them. Call and ask for an appointment and have a heart-to-heart discussion. Getting medical records can be a challenge at times with many providers "outsourcing" this function.

Also, the claims process can take time. Click Blue Link Below For More:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


It is difficult to determine how much you will get based on the facts provided. You should talk to your lawyer regarding your misgivings and let him explain if he intends to file your case. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


Call your lawyer to discuss. If you are getting the run around, you may switch lawyers at any time.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer