Skip to main content

I got in trouble in 1986 I was 18 I broke in a public pool and I was called a felony. But the judge sealed the case and deferred

Fort Stockton, TX |

And sealed would thst keep me from ever being able to buy a gun or chl.

Even tho it was my first offense on anything. The judge said If I completed his terms I'm which I did and never been I. Trouble since when I'm 45 years old now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You shouldn't have any problem from that incident.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.



Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


A successful deferred means that you don't have a felony conviction for that offense. If no other felony convictions, then you should be ok.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!



Thanks guys.