Skip to main content

I got hit by a car while riding my bike on the sidewalk, he was turning into a business. Am I at fault? Can I get a settlement?

Newberg, OR |

I got hit by a car I was riding my bike on the sidewalk he was turning into a business. I was rushed to the hospital sprained my knee and fractured my back. I just want to know if I have a case can I get a settlement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


With a good personal injury lawyer, you can probably get a settlement.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

Donald Curtis Kudler

Donald Curtis Kudler


I wonder if you realize that you gave the same answer twice without any information?


I'm an Oregon attorney, and I can tell you that it sounds like the driver of the car is liable for your injuries. You may have *some* comparative fault because of riding on the sidewalk, but we would need to look into that further before being sure.

You can give my firm a call and get a free consultation - our number is (503) 592-0606. I used to work FOR the big insurance companies, so I know how they run their side of things.

If you have a good case and the driver has insurance, the insurance company will likely want to settle the case with you out of court. You'll probably get a much bigger settlement if you've got an attorney who knows what he's doing!


You have a claim, and should see an attorney with experience in this area of the law. However, since in general it is unlawful to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk, you have some fault as well. The relative fault of each party determines what you might recover, or whether you may recover at all.

This comment is general in nature and is not intended as legal advice. It does not create an attorney client relationship and obviously is not confidential. You should contact an attorney in your area who can review with you all of the relevant facts and give you specific legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer