I got dscharged from the marine corps and future re-enlisting

Oakland, FL |

i got discharged from the marine corps with adjustment disorder , Entry Level Separation , RE-3F , Separation code : JGA1 (Honorable Discharge) Failure to Adapt , do i still have chance to go back to the marine corps after 6 months? I am from a foreign country so i was having difficulty understanding spoken fast english plus i had no contact with my family down back in my country (mail dont reach ) , i also have a recommendation from my SDI for me to be accepted in the future back into recruit training , does this helps? i really want to go back to the corps .
my Recruiter shipped me out without my language barriers being fixed and with 0 knowledge of the marine corps and military :S . so for me it was hell cause couldnt understand nothing

Best Answer

You are not eligible to reenlist without a waiver from Commandant Marine Corps. Your recruiter will know what to do and how to proceed. Best of luck and SF.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

But do i still have chance to get back in?

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Yes, with a waiver.

This is not an immigration question.

I am us citizen and enlisted in florida btw

I agree with my colleague. Having been born in another country doesn't make this an immigration question.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

If you cannot get back in, consider benefits you may be due from the VA. If they used a medicala diagnosis to discharge you, you may be eligible for service connected compensation from the VA.

You can find an attorney who will answer questions about veteran benefits at http://www.vetadvocates.org/directory2.html

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
------------------------------------------
Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.