Skip to main content

I got citation for Petty Theft is there possibility for this to not go on my record my court date is coming soon sometime on Jul

Sacramento, CA |

Please help I'm in between job at the moment & I need to know if anyone can help me. I regret that I'm made this stupid & poor choice in my life but can someone help. I'm also in between job if this go in my record I will definetely be unemployed forever....I am truly sorry for what I've done but I can't go back time & change it....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to appear, ask for a PD to assist if you can't hire an attorney...see what your attorney an work out.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.


You need to talk to an attorney about the charges. Only after a careful review of the facts and circumstances would any advice be relevant and helpful. Any sentence will depend on the charges, any aggravating factors, prior record, etc.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


Get an attorney. It is quite possible that an alternative sentence can be worked out that can get your citation dismissed.

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


In Sacramento, the District Attorney will likely offer you the option to take a theft class (diversion) and then the matter will be dropped. It would not count as a conviction on your record - but would count as a prior if you re- offend.
You can use the public defender or you can hire a private attorney ahead of time.


Contact a lawyer in Sacramento. The DA's office might have a diversion program for a first time theft offense. A defense attorney from that County will know all the options. Good luck!