I got caught shoplifting in food 4 less and a non legal guardian signed the release will this affect him.

Vallejo, CA |

Would the civil demand be charged to him?

The civil demand should be ignored, paying it will not help you and you will not be sued if you don't pay it. I assume you are a juvenile. Your main concern should be any pending juvenile matter that is pending against you. Have your parents hire an attorney. Good luck

They didnt really chrge me with anything or get legitimate id of me though they did see the id of the person I was released to should I still be worried

Vijay Dinakar

Vijay Dinakar

Probably not. Do not talk to law enforcement in the unlikely event they try to talk to you. Never talk to law enforcement about anything. If you do get charged, hire an attorney. Stop stealing, it's not worth it. Good luck.

Thanks for your time, and I know it was a stupid mistake

Depends on the language of the civil demand. It they took responsibility, then yes.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this website should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.