Skip to main content

I got attacked by my neighbors pit bulls on my own property what do i do

Stockton, CA |

I was bit multiple times on the arm on both ankles and on my middle finger my wife try to get them off me and was bit on her hand i was also bit on my feet and my toes

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


There are a lot of questions that remain unanswered: 1. did you provoke the dog, 2. did you go into someone else's property 3. were there witnesses and the questions go on and on. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around because all the things that were mentioned should be paid for.! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney. With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases and wouldn't mind speaking to you

Direct Line to Attorney: 877-427-2752 or Email:; Website: I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


That sounds very traumatic, and I'm sorry to hear that you were hurt. The first thing you should do is speak with a personal injury attorney like myself to gather the necessary information and discuss your options. Consultations and evaluations are free of charge. Based on the facts you've given, I would say that you would be entitled to significant compensation. If the neighbor has homeowner's insurance, it's very likely that their plan will have coverage for this type of harm, and you can seek a settlement. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions, the sooner you act the better. Good luck.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. For more personal injury information visit us at


You should hire an attorney immediately. As counsel have already stated, there is a lot of information needed to provide you with a better opinion. Don't say anything to anybody before you talk to an attorney. Our firm has handled hundreds of these types of cases - call me to discuss further for free if you like. Good luck. Dave Hiden 619.296.5884.

Legal disclaimer: Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of the law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for adviceThis response does not constitute or make an attorney-client relationship as it is made for general purposes; answering attorney does not possess enough information to inform recipient of the applicable statute of limitations. You may also contact Mr. Hiden at (619) 296-5884 or by email at ""


I am very sorry to hear about this injury. There are a couple of questions that will need to be answered by your attorney first and foremost. 1) Is your neighbor (who owned the Pitbull) a homeowner or a renter? This will be essential to establishing who is liable for your injuries. 2) Has this dog exhibited violent behavior before? While the answer to this question is not determinative as to whether you have a claim, it is certainly important to the case. As stated above, there are many questions that need to be answered and a good attorney should be able to ask the appropriate questions to properly evaluate your claim.

You should seek the necessary medical treatment and also contact an attorney in the area. I know here in Sacramento, there are quite a few attorneys who handle dog bite cases (including myself).

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with these unfortunate circumstances and encourage you to find an attorney as soon as you are medically able.


More information is needed to evaluate. Contact one of the above lawyers to investigate.


This is a duplicate post. I responded to the earlier one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer