Skip to main content

I got arrested for disorderly conduct. What will my fine be?

West Chester, PA |

I was witnessing a fight (not partaking) and ran as the police drove up to stop the fight. I was then tasered after running about 15 feet and taken to the police station. I do not see why the police officer had to use his taser.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? You haven't been found guilty yet. While you could choose to plead guilty if you want, unless there are other facts, it doesn't seem lie disorderly conduct to run away from the police. Usually police don't use a taser unless they feel someone is resisting arrest or disobeying an order. You should consult with a lawyer to see what kind of defense you might have.


It depends on how the officer charged the offense. If it was charged as a summary offense, the maximum you could face is 90 days in jail and a $300 fine. If it was charged as a misdemeanor of the third degree (unlikely in this case, but possible), you could face up to 1 year in jail and a $2500 fine. Unless you have a serious criminal history, jail time is very unlikely here, but that would be up to the judge.

As the previous poster stated, you need to get a lawyer immediately. You are not guilty of anything just because you were charged, an you are not necessarily guilty just because you ran away from the scene or away from police. An attorney may help you identify some real defenses in your case.

This answer is provided is for informational purposes only. It is intended to provide general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship with me or my law office. Nothing here should be relied upon as legal advice, and only an attorney with knowledge of your specific case can give you advice as to how the law applies. Nothing in this response creates an attorney-client relationship and therefore these communications cannot be treated as privileged or confidential.


Nothing described in your post supports a conviction for Disorderly Conduct. If for some reason you are okay with taking a conviction in this matter, the maximum fine is $300.00 plus court costs. The offense also carries a maximum sentence of 90 days in jail, but unless you have a significant criminal history your only penalty will be a fine and court costs. The Commonwealth is required to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. My suggestion is that you put them to the test. Better yet, hire a qualified criminal defense attorney to help you put them to that test.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer