I got aressted for the 4th time

Atlanta, GA |

two were thrown out and pti the other probation just need advice on what could happen to mke and what i need to do

It is unclear what you got arrested for the 4th time, and that will make a lot of difference re: how someone responds to this post. If you are currently on probation for the PTI case, your new charge(s) may get your probation revoked. I advise that you hire a criminal defense attorney or apply for a public defender as soon as possible, because the sooner you get in control of this new case, the easier it may be to try controlling damage on the other one. Good luck.

thanks alot the new arrest was for shoplifting as well and does a court apt att make a diffrance im not sure

if I am on Probation already when I go shud I tell them off my recent arrest

Daniel Ellis Rice

Daniel Ellis Rice

Having an attorney, whether court appointed or privately retained, can help you a lot because they can negotiate better on your behalf, but also they are more familiar with the legal consequence of pleas, effect of certain charges on licenses, etc., and if there is a hearing or trial they are better able to articulate your position. As you are already on probation, unless you are asked about a new charge it may not be worth it to go ahead and tell them, but it may also help to mitigate things for you if you make it clear you made a mistake a 4th time but you are interested in working with probation and the court as much as possible to try avoiding jail time. Essentially throwing yourself on the mercy of the court (or probation officer) can sometimes help more than being 100% confrontational, though if you have a reasonable legal defense to this new charge, you should judge whether it may be worth it to try pleading or fighting. Good luck.

I'm not sure what your question is, but if you are still in the diversion, and complete it successfully, the charges against you will be dismissed. If you were thrown out of the program you will have to start your case over, or if they were holding a plea of guilty for you they will enter that plea on your behalf.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

my question is if im on Probation as already and I just got arrested for the same thing do I tell my Probation officer are wait for my next court date

A good attorney would tell you to take a close look at what is going on with your life currently that is causing these multiple arrests. You need to get ahead of this not only because you can end up with serious criminal consequences, but because you deserve better for your future. Definitely get some good legal representation right away before it's too late, but also try some solid reflection. Maybe counseling, AA, or something to get you out of this rut. No judgments - just experience talking. Good luck to you.

It depends. It depends on the new charge, it depends on where it happened and what evidence the State has to use against you. Without further detail it would be impossible to give you a clear cut answer.