I got a under age when I was 20 and was 3 times the legal limit now that I am 21 I just got a DUI and was over 3 times the limit

Johnstown, PA |

You should contact a local criminal defense attorney who focuses on DWI/DUI. A second DUI within a year is a serious charge. Your case will also depend on certain facts of the traffic stop, are you already on probation of some type? And several other issues. Hire local counsel asap so they can get ready for your first court appearances.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

Well it was my first dui but since I got that under age will they consider that as a dui?

Bennett James Wills

Bennett James Wills

Yes. Unfortunately, it would still be considered a first offense.

Speak immediately to an experienced attorney who handles DUI cases in Blair County. If you received a minor drinking citation when you were 20 and received a DUI complaint at 21 you are a first offender for DUI sentencing purposes. The minor drinking does not count as a prior DUI. You may qualify for the ARD program in Blair County, if that is where you were charged. An attorney can tell you what the DUI ARD program requirements are and whether you may qualify. There is one other big concern-from the facts you've given it sounds like you may have a drinking problem that needs to be addressed. Good luck.

I agree with Mr. Patterson's response. Secure an experienced criminal defense attorney and address your alcohol issues. Good luck.