Skip to main content

I got a ticket for a expired registration while parked, but everything is valid and up to date in my car. What do I do??

Bronx, NY |

I got a ticket for a invalid registration sticker/expired registration while my car was parked. It is a 3 month old car and I had just forgotten to replace the temp sticker with the correct one (which was in the car as well). I tried to fight the ticket and sent in the copy of the valid registration and received a letter back stating that a photo was taken of the temp and the ticket was valid. I never said that the temp sticker wasnt there....I just had a valid one in the car as well. What can I do? Is it worth fighting a $65 ticket or just pay it and be done?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Question is whether it is worth your time to fight it. Depends what your time is worth to you. If you want to fight it, then follow the instructions that you received with the letter. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


It sounds like you lost the trial by mail so the question is whether it is worth your time to appeal. I think you have to pay the ticket in order to appeal but I don't think it is hard to appeal. Follow the instructions you received in the letter.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


I think you should just pay it.


It will not affect your record.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)


Just pay the ticket and be more responsible about your car in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer