Skip to main content

I got a subpeana for a moving violation,What should I do?

Duluth, GA |

I was following my friend home ,there was a roadblock my friend made a left turn I follow him
because i was lost ,the police officer gave me a ticket for making a u turn ,Does this mean I was triyng elude an officer all did was follow my friend's directions.Will I get charge for Attenting to flee,elude a traffic stop?I was driving in a restricted permit.My friend was arrested for a warrant

Not learner's permit a restricted permit for work porpuses only

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should hire a lawyer. These are serious charges, especially if you only have a learner's permit.

If you have any further questions about this or any other topic, please feel free to call me at 404-923-0446. All initial phone calls are free. By answering this question, there is no established attorney/client priviledge with Rohan Law, PC. Therefore you cannot rely solely on this information to form the basis of a legal opinion regarding your rights and responsibilities. If you believe that your case requires additional attention, you should contract an attorney to represent you directly.


If they were going to charge you with fleeing and eluding, they would have done so. But if you received a citation only for illegal u-turn, I think you are safe from additional charges.

The thing to worry about is that the charge occurred while you were driving on a restricted / limited permit. You need to make sure that this ticket will not snowball into an additional suspension for violation of a permit. You don't want to resolve the case before your license is fully reinstated. For that reason, give me or some other attorney a call to keep things right for you.

Good luck.

You can contact me at my office at 770-744-4211 or by email through this website. The questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.



Thank you I hired a lawyer because my permit got cancel ,he was able to withdraw my guilty plea,but the DDS have not yet been notify of this ! is been 3 days now am preoccupy over this .Thinking am in more trouble and the state is seeking to further punish me over a small moving violation!


The other attorneys above are correct. You should get in touch with a local lawyer to help you out with this. While an illegal u-turn may not sound that serious, it could have major ramifications for your license. Get in touch with an attorney who is practices regularly in Duluth Municipal and Gwinnett State Court to help negotiate your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer