Skip to main content

I got a speeding ticket and I want to know how to handle the ticket in court to try and get it reduced or dropped.

Franklin, NC |

I was going 77 in a 55 on my way to work. The cop was very rude and has filed a false accident report (illegally) against my parents, has harassed me in a road block (made me pull over for no reason and yelled at me), and once gave me a warning ticket for going 5 miles under the speed limit when I was getting ready to do a U-turn at an intersection. I want to pay as little money as possible. I'm 19 and this is my first ticket.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

22 over is not so simple. You are unlikely to just walk into court and achieve a desirable outcome. You may need to attend traffic school to get where you want to be on that charge. Hire yourself a good traffic lawyer. You can spend the money now and handle the matter properly or you can pay higher insurance premiums for the next three years. Good luck to you.

<a href="">Fred Amos</a> provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for <a href="">DWI's</a>. Call 919-803-7208.


Consult a local NC Traffic Ticket attorney - usually inexpensive & well worth the price (Increased insurance rates etc etc).

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


If you are convicted of this charge, the NC DMV will suspend your license for 60 days. You need to consult with a local attorney to help you. Most of them offer free consultations.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


77 in a 55 in a significant increase over the posted speed limit. Regardless of the history you may have with this officer, you need an experienced attorney to represent you in this matter. Paying "as little as possible" should include the future savings having an attorney will bring by working to reduce any points/fines should you be found guilty, probation before judgement, etc...and keeping those insurance premiums down. Contact a local attorney as soon as possible.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer