I got a reckless driving ticket, what should I do?

Manville, NJ |

Its my first time getting a ticket ever, should I get a lawyer or something I was speeding. I'm really scared because on some sites it says I could go to jail. Help me please I'm really scared and I can't do probation or jail. Help!

Contact an attorney to discuss your options.
There are a lot of factors to discuss.

Law Offices of Michael J. Cuellar, LLC
(973) 795-1253
Available 24/7 for current and future clients.

People often confuse reckless (5 points) with careless driving (2 points). If you have been charged with Reckless Driving, then you need a lawyer. If you have been charged with careless driving then the need for counsel depends on a full examination of your driving record. Call my office if you would like to discuss your matter. Jail for a speeding offense is an extreem punishment and reserved for extreme situations. Most likely you are not looking at jail, but a suspension is possible depending on the facts.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364

Its actually my husband, he has a provisional license never had a ticket there is nothing checked off saying why its reckless driving. It just says reckless driving. If we had you represent how much do you charge and what could you get it bumped down to?

James A. Abate

James A. Abate

Call my office for a consutation tommorow. AVVO terms of service forbid discussion of fees on this website. But if your husband has a provisional license, he will be suspended administratively if he gets 4 points.

What does it mean administratively? And will do what time are you in the office? And do you have a dirext line?

Reckless is a five point ticket. A conviction can mean serious long term consequences. You should not have to worry about jail time, but without details it's impossible to tell. You should at least talk to a lawyer with details to get a free analysis. Good luck

Speak to a lawyer for sure. You have been issued a 5 point ticket. How this case gets resolved depends on several factors. Among them include your driving history, the circumstances surrounding the stop and a careful review of the police report. You're facing a possible suspension of your driving privileges and adverse consequences on your driving insurance. Speak to a lawyer in person for further information and to discuss further your options and do so before you are scheduled to appear in Municipal Court.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented. Also, please be advised that any response to any comments made by the asker do not create an attonrey client relationship.

Jail is extremely rare unless there was an accident and someone got hurt or you were speeding like at Daytona. Anything over 90 mph figure a license suspension and jail is a real possibility but still rare. The 5 points are brutal and if you were speeding you likely got another 5 pointer for 39:4-98, speeding. An attorney can likely limit those points and lessen the penalty better than you can on your own. Anything 4 or more can cause insurance premiums to rise. Retain an experienced criminal defense attorney.

You definitely need a lawyer for this that is familiar with Manville Court. Being less than one (1) mile from the Manville Municipal Court, I am there routinely.

No attorney-client relationship is created as a result of this submission. The information and answer provided is of a general advisory nature based on the limited information provided and should not be constured as formal legal advise.