Skip to main content

I got a letter from discover that i will get a refund from protection product enrollment Feb 21 , 2013

Compton, CA |

but do i get it because file for bankruptcy in 2010

+ Read More

Filed under: Bankruptcy
Attorney answers 3


Is you bankruptcy discharged AND closed? If so, you should be able to keep it. BUT, this is a question best answered by your BK attorney.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.


Did you owe Discover when you filed in 2010?
If so, they had a right to offset what they may have "owed" you (due to the cancellation of your product protection policy) against what you owed them.
But if you get the check, what do you care why?
Think of it as a "gift horse".



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer