Skip to main content

I got a expungement 6 yrs ago for a misdemeanor theft. However some jobs are still able to see it.

Houston, TX |

How can I make sure it is indeed off my record? The lawyer I used is unavailable

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


start by requesting your own criminal history and seeing what shows up on it:

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


You can check with the clerk's office. The problem is that private companies don't always update their databases well. If you send them the order, they should remove it.


If it was correctly expunged, that should not be the case. If it was just "sealed“ some agencies can still see it. Was the charge dropped, case dismissed, acquitted at trial? If it was a class C (under $50) and u successfully completed deferred adjudication and case dismissed...u most likely had Iit expunged. If the charge was higher misdemeanor, it may have been sealed instead. As attorney Walters your other post... talk with the attorney you used or another local criminal attorney to see what your status is.

BEST ANSWER I got....and I hope I was HELPFUL! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Contact Steve Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer