Skip to main content

I got a dui,drugs

Arcola, IL |

quit drinking 2 hours before and took my kids 4 icecream and then to get some food they was both bunkled before we left and 1 of went to sleep and I thought she was buckeld but she wasn't when I got pulled over I blew a stop sing because the guy next to me was distracting me then I got pulled over they didn't read me my rites

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to consult with and hire an experienced local DUI attorney. Receiving a DUI under "routine" circumstances is serious enough. Having your children in the car at the time is a significant aggravating factor. You did not mention what your BAC was, nor what drugs you had on you or in your system, but each of those factors will have an impact on your sentence as well, if you are convicted.

I am licensed to practice criminal and DUI law in VA, not IL. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; and therefore, my response may be irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only.

Good luck.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


There is no requirement that you be read your rights. Do you have a question? It appears that you really need a lawyer. Please hire one and discuss your case with him/her. This is not a confidential forum.


It's not really clear what you're asking. It certainly sounds as if you need an attorney, especially if the kids were in the car when you got the DUI. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer