Skip to main content

I got a civil traffic ticket for 67 in a 40,The tickets written under A.R.S.28-701,but everything I see it shouldve been 28-701A

Tucson, AZ |

The officer just filed it 2 days before the court date, And he has put it into the system as A.R.S.28-701A, But my citation says A.R.S.28-701 without the (A) Can I have this thrown out because the citation wasn't filed out properly?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Courts commonly allow law enforcement and/or the city attorney's office to amend a complaint for technical defects, which is likely what a court would find here, if it found a defect. An officer also has discretion to charge you with any or all charges that you may have violated, but is not obligated to charge you with each offense you may have committed.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.