Skip to main content

I got a citation for providing alcohol to a minor so should I get a lawyer?

King Of Prussia, PA |

I was on spring break in Florida when my friend and I were stopped by a cop. Both of us had alcohol inhand but my friend is only 20. I did not purchase the alcohol for him, the bar just did not card us. The cop gave me a citation for purchasing a minor alcohol and I have a court date in Florida but I am from New Jersey. What will happen and what should i do? I am not guilty.

+ Read More

Filed under: Criminal defense
Attorney answers 3


Your question raises a number of important issues: will you have to appear for the summons date you have been given and, if not, when will you have to appear? Is it smarter to plead guilty and avoid travel costs or to fly down and fight the charge? What are the long-term repercussions of a providing alcohol to minors in FL?

These questions are all appropriate for Florida attorneys so, if you haven't posted your question in the Florida specific forum, you should do so.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.


You should contact a Florida criminal defense attorney without delay to address the legal issue. Pleading guilty to such an offense could have a life-long negative impact in the form of giving you a criminal history.

The response provided by this attorney does NOT create an attorney - client relationship, nor have we agreed to accept this case for representation. You should consult with an experienced attorney in the area of law you have legal questions about.


Only a Florida attorney can answer that.