I got a approved for the deferred action I821D. what are my chances of getting approved for I765 work authorization?

Union City, NJ |

how long till i get a answer for the I765?

You should also file Form I-765 for the EAD. If you are approved for deferred action, you should be approved for EAD.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info

so i should not worry

I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

The I-821D is filed concurrently with the I-765. This is a requirement. If you got approved for the I-821D (DACA) this means you must have filed for the I-765 as well. It is possible not to get employment authorization in the event you did not prove "economic necessity." However you should have received a decision in the mail along with your approval for the I-821D. Consult a competent immigration attorney who is a member of AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Association) who can assist you by checking with USCIS further and determine your next steps.

Your chances are very good.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Loredana Gandolfa Pantano

Loredana Gandolfa Pantano

I agree with my colleagues. Both notices should come concurrently or within a day or two from each other. Did you have an attorney? I have had the rare occasion where the work permit was sent to me instead of my client. If it has been more than a week I would contact immigration or an attorney to help you get to the bottom of it.

Did you file it at the same time? If you do not get it you need to contact USCIS.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.