Skip to main content

I got a 60 day no cause eviction . if i don't pay my rent for that 60 days can they change the eviction to a sooner date?

Salem, OR |
Attorney answers 2


Yes, if you don't pay rent timely then the landlord can proceed to give you a 72 hour notice to vacate for nonpayment, and can then file an eviction proceeding on that basis if you fail to pay rent during that 72 hour period.

Sent remotely from:

Parks Law Offices, LLC
Portland, Oregon
(503) 308-1080

If you found this answer helpful, please click the "Mark as good answer" button, below. If you'd like to contact me regarding potentially representing you with regards to your legal matter, please click on my profile and give my office a call. My answer to your Avvo question, however, is informational only and is not intended to be legal advice, nor does it form the basis for any attorney-client relationship whatsoever, which can only be formed upon signing an Engagement Agreement and depositing a Retainer Fee into client trust. Further, I am only licensed in Oregon and laws vary from state to state. If you have an Oregon-related issue, feel free to contact me for a consultation. If you are outside of Oregon, please consult an attorney in your area for legal advice.


The only thing I would add is your landlord cannot give a "no cause" eviction in a trailer park where you own the trailer but rent the land... even if there is a cause. If that's the case, your landlord may have messed up and it would be worth talking with a lawyer about the notice. If you rent the trailer and the land, then a 60-day notice would be appropriate. Either way, you need to keep paying rent.

Licensed in Oregon. Advice provided is general legal information relevant to the facts provided. It is not intended as legal advice applicable to your specific situation. No attorney/client relationship is created unless and until we have met and entered into a written representation agreement. Contact me at 541-250-0542 to discuss your matter further.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer