I got jury summons in mail but im not able to go , i sit gone be problem for my citizenship ? immigration

i revived jury summons in mail but in am not living in us right now , i moved to other country few months after my citizenship . i told my ex roommate to explain them im not resident in that county and give them my new address which is in other country and return the mail ..
my question is : is it gone be problem for my citizenship because i moved to other country and i can not serve jury ?

Your ex-room ate can't talk to them .... it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to contact the Court.

No, it won't impact on your US Citizenship.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

they said ur roommate can send us back the letter with expiation of why you can not come and tel us the relation ship of person with you !!!! ... im not in the country so i can not have mail here !! ( so what should i do ? )

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Well, since this isn't an immigration question. And you've already been in touch with the court ... you apparently know what to do and we need not respond further. PS What country are you in that doesn't have mail service? I know of countries with slow service, but none with no service.

than you so much for information you gave me :)

I agree with my attorney colleague. You should contact the court immediately to notify them that you cannot appear for jury duty. This should not be a problem for your citizenship.

Lisa Tehlirian, Attorney -- Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: lisa.tehlirian@ellisporter.com For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: www.miimmigrationnews.com The information provided on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

they said ur roommate can send us back the letter with expiation of why you can not come and tel us the relation ship of person with you !!!! ... im not in the country so i can not have mail here !!

It is your responsibility as a U.S. Citizen to explain the reasons why you cannot serve jury duty. Explain that you live outside the United States and provide proof. Not your room-mate.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

as i said i called the court and they said your roommate can send it back to us with explanation ( because im not in the country right now !!!!! ) sdo you think they gave me wrong information ?

Danny Garmo

Danny Garmo

If its not in writing then its questionable. My recommendation is filing the answer yourself and not your room-mate.

thank you for your respond :)