Skip to main content

I get social security disability and i have legal custody of my grandson.can he get s.s check sense i'm disable?

Birmingham, AL |
Attorney answers 1


The Social Security Administration provides benefits to children of disabled or retired parents, grandparents or step parents in some cases.The child must be either a minor child (under 18), an adult who was disabled before the age of 22 or a high school student under 19 years of age. There are many benefits available to children, but they vary depending on the exact circumstances and benefits received by the parent or guardian.

Contact your local SSA office or visit the website for more information.

Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer