Skip to main content

I get asylum granted before one month and ICE appealed i get everything i-94 ,SSN, even i get financial aid

Houston, TX |

then how long it take to complete appeal and what every about it can i request greencard after one year or my case is pending

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have to win the appeal in order to be able to get the green card.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Appeals can take years.

You absolutely must hire an attorney ... if ICE is appealing, then they think they have a good case against you and you don't want to be 'foolish' by not having a lawyer of your own.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Hire a lawyer to help you. While you won your case with the Judge, ICE has a right to appeal. You cannot request your green card until the appeal process is done. This can take quite some time.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.