I gave someone money for a vehicle, gave me no title, later repossessed the vehicle. what are my rights?

Blanch, NC |

Gave $1160 to for a vehicle to keep the title loan company from repossing it. I got no title, months later, he came to my house and took the vehicle..no phone calls or nothing. I just want my money back.

If this person didn't record a lien on the car, I would report the car stolen to the police.

Did you ever register the vehicle? Was there a contract or writing that accompanied the transaction? Your rights are going to boil down to the documents that accompanied the transaction or, in the absence of writings, your claims in civil court.

The information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva is based upon the generic and ambiguous facts presented in short questions. Without a full consultation with an attorney, you should not rely upon any information presented in this forum. The intricate facts of every case are different. The information provided is not legal advice and should not be the basis of any decision without the actual guidance of an attorney. Further, any information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva should not be perceived as a willingness to represent you or actual representation. If you would like to speak with Attorney Matthew V. Silva, please call Silva and Sweet, PLLC at 910-333-9833 or visit www.silvaandsweet.com.