I gave false information at a hospital. Help?

Sonoma, CA |

I went to an emergency room and gave fake information. One of the nurses called the police because she considered my wound abuse. Eventually I told them my real information. I was released into the custody of the officer and he took me to a mental health facility. He said if he didn't want me to go there he could've taken me to jail. He also cited me and said I would have to appear in court in a few months, unless the DA decides not to proceed with the case. If they do proceed, what should I expect to happen? IS it likely that they'd send me to jail? Would I need a lawyer? Any advice would help.

what do you mean by giving false information? False information about your injuries, or address, or some other issue?

If your injuries were caused by domestic violence, then it would be to your benefit to fully cooperate with the police and the DA so, that they could understand the reason you gave false information and they may be able to help you get out of the harms way.

Paris Kalor, Esq.
SADDLEBACK LAW CENTER
(949) 460-6466

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

But, definitely consult with an attorney, so that she/he may provide you a better answer based on the complete information you provide.

Paris Kalor, Esq.
SADDLEBACK LAW CENTER
(949) 460-6466