Skip to main content

I found a deceased great grandma and great uncle on US unclaimed property. Can I apply for their unclaimed property?

Colgate, WI |

I could probably provide the death certificates or some form of relative match.

+ Read More

Filed under: Probate
Attorney answers 2


If you are the next of kin, you can... you'll have to gather up all the other relatives, though...

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first.


You should be able to claim the property. However, that does not make it yours. It needs to be distributed as provided in their Wills, or if no Will, to their heirs at law. I would use the Wisconsin Transferby Affidavit form if the value of the unclaimed property is less than $50,000.