Skip to main content

I filed form I-539 to extend/change nonimmigrant Status which was filed April 23,2010 at the California service center denied

Apple Valley, CA |

Denied because I failed to maintain previously accorded status even though I filed I a timely
request The (USCIS) determined that I was not able to maintain a valid no immigration status until the school that I attended in August 15 ,2010 started USCIS found that my B2 non immigration status expired on April 26,2010 it will be three years as a US resident April 2013.
I was married to a Navy Veteran who has a kidney transplant and needs my care and love were married in Las Vegas Nevada April 12,2013 I am at my whit's end and need help please
My name will be changed to his very soon
Thank you

Jihwa Kim

I also used my work social security number to get credit and bank accounts here and cars will the money in my bank accounts be taken will I have to be deported or go to jail my English is poor the money was sent from my country I am very afraid and do not know what will happen to me? My American husband is very concerned about everything that has taken place in my past that he has just found out

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You msy be able to adjust. See a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Retaining an attorney, may not be a bad idea for your case, after all.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.