I filed for my green card thru my wife , few days ago we had our interview the officer approved my case and stamp my passport .

when I filed the I--485 I answered the following question NO
Have you EVER, in or outside the United state:
Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?
One month before the interview I remembered that I had case 9 years ago in my home country. in that case, someone accused me with hit and run. The Judge found me not guilty and dismiss the case. During the interview, I gave the officer a copy of case document and Certificate of Non-Conviction and I ask him to make correction for that question, the officer didn't make the correction because I never been to jail for this case. is this laying on the form? should I send correction letter? will it be a problem when I file for citizenship

this is a duplicate question, please see previous answers

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

I believe it is a repost. Please see my answer from earlier this morning.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Since you were truthful at the interview and provided your Certified Disposition, you are fine.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Your question appears to say that you notified the officer of the correction at the time of your interview and you provided documentation to the officer including the disposition showing that you were found not-guilty and the case was dismissed.

Since you notified the officer at the time of the interview you actually did correct the record, and you asked for the record to be corrected. The only problem you may have ---- you did not have an attorney with you I presume, so you did not have someone representing you to witness that you gave them this documentation. You could have provided a cover letter, or something showing that you are providing them these documents and to amend your I-485 and an attorney would have done that for you.

Since your case was approved (as you say) it does not appear the officer had any issues with your criminal disposition. Still if you do not get your actual green card in the next 90 days be sure to go see a competent AILA attorney and they can follow up. They can also memorialize for the record what you told the officer and provide a cover letter for you. Also be sure to consult an AILA attorney prior to filing your N400.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Mr.Hoffman? Do you recommend sending a cover letter to USCIS that confirm that I've disclosed the incident and ask for correction? The officer wrote on the form next to the question "accused of hit and run and found not guilty" Please advice Thanks

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

If the USCIS officer hand wrote this on your actual form (you did not say that before) it is corrected on your I-485 which is in your A-file and so the issue is preserved.

Hello, the best thing would be to have a short consultation with an Immigration Attorney to make sure no important details are missing from your story. Yes, in some cases it is a good idea to add a letter of explanation, but in other cases, it is better to wait until you are being asked for a specific document or explanation

As you were honest in your interview and provided them will full information you should not have any issues.

However, it is always best to consult with an immigration attorney on these matters. Depending on the specifics of your situation an attorney may advise you to submit a formal, written correction/addendum.