Skip to main content

I filed for divorce 1995, it was dismissed no decree, we still living together...i want to file for divorce again.

Las Vegas, NV |

i filed for divorce 1995, it was dismissed , we went back together up to now...i want to file for alimony and child support as well as other benefits and hidden assets. We have 2 kids, 19 and 15 years old. No house, only car

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Do you have a legal question?

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.


Is your question-Can I file again and try for alimony and child support-YES.
Meet with family law attorney.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


I recommend you meet with a divorce attorney licensed in your state if you want to file for divorce and obtain alimony and child support along with other legal objectives.

This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship with you. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California.


What is your question? If you want to file for divorce, do so. You still have one minor child so child support will be required. The amount and who pays it is dependent on the custody time share and the incomes of the two of you. Best to talk to a family law attorney to know options and process.


You can file for divorce again. You will be able to seek custody and child support for your minor child, the fifteen year old. Alimony is discretionary and will be contingent on numerous factors such as the duration of the marriage; relative health, education and age of the respective parties; employment history of each party; etc. For any hidden assets, you would have to enlist the services of a forensic accountant and/or investigator. A consultation with an experienced family law attorney in your geographic area will be beneficial.

Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.