Skip to main content

I file I360 nov 2011 i got a letter for request of evidence on dec 2011,how long will it take for prima facie to be approved

Chicago, IL |

i already filed my i485 and i got my EAD last sept 2012 but im wondering why its taking too long for my I360 to be approved.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It might take another 4 months or so until you get the decision on the I-360 itself.

I hope, for your own sake, that you filed the VAWA with the help of an attorney who is representing you.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


It could take until spring 2013


Yes, it may take a year or longer for the I-360 to be approved, especially if there was a request for additional evidence.

Contact Shokry G. Abdelsayed, Esq. at 201-471-7989, NY and NJ. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form an attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


This is a general answer based only on the limited information you have provided. In order to receive the best, most legally reliable answer, you must personally meet with an immigration attorney. You should visit, select the link for processing times. Locate your service center and determine whether or not you fall inside or outside of the parameters. If it seems that your application is taking longer than the site has indicated it should take, then you should make an INFOpass appointment so that you may go into your local USCIS office and inquire in person.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer