Skip to main content

I fell on my friend's property. I broke my leg in two places and tore a bunch a ligaments. How much should I ask the home owner'

Aurora, CO |

They have granted me liabilty, but I feel they will try to low ball me. This is a life long injury and I will never be able to play basketball the same again.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You really should talk to a local injury attorney about the case. Without knowing your current medicals, future medicals, wage loss and impairment rating, there is no way to evaluate the case.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


I'm sorry to hear about your fall and injuries. Even though the homeowner (or more likely their insurance company) admitted liability, you need to hire a personal injury attorney. You are correct, they will low ball you until you hire counsel. No counsel can give you an estimate in this forum, but if you meet with them and provide your medical bills and records, they can begin the process of estimating your damages for future medical expenses and potential disability issues.

This answer is for informational purposes only, is not legal advice regarding your question, and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to contact Chad for a free initial consultation, he can be reached at (303) 927-0784 or


I am sorry to hear about your accident. I agree with my colleague - From the information you have provided, it is difficult to evaluate your claim for personal injuries and determine an appropriate amount for compensation. Only after reviewing your medical records (to determine the extent of your injuries/disability), medical bills /expenses incurred, and any future medical treatment / bills you may receive and/or incur, will an attorney be able to provide you with an appropriate answer. I strongly suggest contacting a personal injury attorney in your area to evaluate your claim for many reasons. Personal injury attorneys have experience valuing personal injury claim, knowledge of how other similar matters have settled, and are in a better position to obtain a greater settlement amount for you.

Pursuant to AVVO community policies and guidelines, the content of this post is intended for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship. Therefore, it should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any legal action without first seeking the advise from an independent licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. This post also does not intend to solicit business and may be considered attorney advertisement in some jurisdictions. Statements of prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Stefano V. D'Agostino, Esq., is license to practice only in Massachusetts.