Skip to main content

I entered the u . s in December 2012 on an 1 visa , i could not attend the school due to financial problems my school informed

Newark, NJ |

Me that I am out of status, I want to travel to Texas to get admitted into another school can I travel by air without been held back because of my status?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You committed immigration fraud and can be detained by ICE whenever they get a hold of you. Students who misrepresent their intention to attend college on F1 are priority for removal.


Visas in the US always begin with a letter, and never with a number.

If you are out of status, any travel carries risks.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You run a risk by traveling. You should consult with an Immigration attorney to review the specific facts of your case.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer